So for the past week and a half Anthony and I have been looking for a place to live. For military families there is usually a choice of living on base or off base, renting from a local. For some families living on base gives a feeling of safety and simplicity. In some areas living off base means you can get a really nice place.

We looked online with a government-backed website of houses and apartments in the area. Then we looked through Craig's List as well.
The first apartment complex that we looked at appeared nice, although the apartments were a little small. There was no laundry in the unit, but you had "close access" to most buildings. I really didn't want to have to carry my laundry up and down stairs again like I did in college. Not that it was a huge issue, but the units didn't have AC. They did have gas stoves, so that was a plus.

The second apartment that we looked at was down right nasty. There was a horrible smell, the window panes were nearly rotted out, and it really wasn't enough space for two people and a dog... and all of Anthony's ... um... "collectibles."

So I finally settled on the possibility of living on base in a 100% military community with a house and whatever else came with living there. But Sunday evening came around and we had one last place to look at. I know we should have looked around some more, but there were other things that we had to take into consideration like traffic and Mercy.

Right, this last place. We drove up and it looked nice from the outside. neither of us like the fact that its hard to see the apartment numbers on the doors. Find the right building, walk up to the second floor and we view this pretty awesome apartment.

Its just under the square footage we were hoping for, but large enough to be livable. The closets are all pretty big, not walk in, but I ain't complainin; they have shelves and things already put up. There was a linen closet and a small second room.
The kitchen is small so I don't think we'll be having lots of dinner parties. I have a plan to buy space-saving furniture to keep the space open. We're really jazzed about this place! I've already found an area rug and we'll have to go furniture shopping.

Aside from all that, the weather is nice but it has rained sporadically throughout the day for the past few days. Its cutting out time I could be working on my tan!
I'm trying to get myself into working out again. I have such a hard time motivating myself. I have to remember the first step is to show up. No wind of boxing gyms yet, but other kinds of gyms are around. Well, that's my life, how is yours?

We looked online with a government-backed website of houses and apartments in the area. Then we looked through Craig's List as well.

The second apartment that we looked at was down right nasty. There was a horrible smell, the window panes were nearly rotted out, and it really wasn't enough space for two people and a dog... and all of Anthony's ... um... "collectibles."

So I finally settled on the possibility of living on base in a 100% military community with a house and whatever else came with living there. But Sunday evening came around and we had one last place to look at. I know we should have looked around some more, but there were other things that we had to take into consideration like traffic and Mercy.

Right, this last place. We drove up and it looked nice from the outside. neither of us like the fact that its hard to see the apartment numbers on the doors. Find the right building, walk up to the second floor and we view this pretty awesome apartment.

Its just under the square footage we were hoping for, but large enough to be livable. The closets are all pretty big, not walk in, but I ain't complainin; they have shelves and things already put up. There was a linen closet and a small second room.

The kitchen is small so I don't think we'll be having lots of dinner parties. I have a plan to buy space-saving furniture to keep the space open. We're really jazzed about this place! I've already found an area rug and we'll have to go furniture shopping.

Aside from all that, the weather is nice but it has rained sporadically throughout the day for the past few days. Its cutting out time I could be working on my tan!

I'm trying to get myself into working out again. I have such a hard time motivating myself. I have to remember the first step is to show up. No wind of boxing gyms yet, but other kinds of gyms are around. Well, that's my life, how is yours?



No comments:
Post a Comment