As I sit here typing away on Anthony's "Transformer" (tiny little tablet thing) I am a little sad that I haven't updated in a while. At first it was because I really didn't have anything new to share. 
Anthony and I are creating this awesome life together and even though it is mundane at times I have never been happier. Then the excuse was that all of our spare time was booked by weekend events but even that has calmed down since the new year.
So here I am and here is what you've missed out on.
I was working at the school with a boy who has Cerebral Palsy.

That took up a lot of energy. It made me realize that some people have the sweetest of intentions but they can still be pathological. It also helped me realize that sometimes you can't change a kid's innate personality; sometimes they're just going to be naughty.

Now, with him I realize there could be some other issues affecting the situation (Hello, brain damage), but I really do think this is true for some kids. I had a professor say once that all kids have one thing in common and its that they're all little shits.

Christmas was interesting. I got what I wanted as well as some extras. Christmas dinner with my girlfriend Katie-chan was AMAZING! I gained 10lbs. There are no pictures of that because I was too enthralled to think straight.

After Christmas Anthony and I went to Tokyo for one last hurrah.

I got to do a lot of things that I didn't the last few times. I got to see a public-ish event with some boyband in Roppongi (in the open but no pictures and if you weren't in the red ropes you were asked to keep it moving). I spent a whole day shopping in Shibuya and Harijuku (highly recommended), and I got to see a 5-storied pagoda.

New Year's Eve was spent partying with friends. Japan has these things called Genki drinks that you take before (and maybe one after) a night of drinking. In the states I used to see commercials for a hangover cure that looked something similar but I don't know if it ever really took off.
Genki drinks, though. They taste fine and I honestly should have been sick for days after what I did to myself, but I was fine the next day. Magic. Again, another wonderful evening spent with amazing people

The day or so after New Year's Day I went to walk Mercy dog in the morning and... well... busted my ass. I stepped on some fresh snow that concealed a thick patch of ice.
My feet flew up in the air and my tail bone caught the brunt of the impact. I lay there in the cold snow for a second before I screamed. Anthony was taking a shower and wasn't going to hear me. Mercy walked up and sniffed my face and seemed not to think anything of it, so I decided to follow some age-old advice and walk it off. No one tells you how much you'll look and feel like an old lady while trying to man-up and walk it off.

After I got home I thought I'd take something for pain, so I tried the little yellow pill of awesome. Sitting was uncomfortable so I walked around the house until the little yellow pill took full effect and I passed out on the couch. Repeat for day 2. Walking through the pain was apparently a good idea cause I started feeling better and better and for a week I was fine doing normal activities.

Finally I decided to go to the clinic because I couldn't do sit-ups and it was still painful when I exercised. The NP told me I needed to stop being so active 80). So I have Motrin and some other pill for pain which she said I could take before working out but a friend told me it makes her pass out. I'll probably try one at home before I try it at the gym.

And the final big thing that is going on is that we are gearing up to leave Japan. I'll write more on that later, but for now know that all of our things have been packed up and shipped out... except for somethings which I will remember needs to be hidden better next time so they'll take it in our express shipment.
We are living out of a suit case and on some very uncomfortable furniture for the next 14 days before we fly to Anthony's next duty station.
Having no TV and no true computer/ laptop is slightly annoying but I have wonderful friends who are always telling me that they are more than happy to have me over while we wait. I kept one crafty thing to work on and I have to make sure some other things are done first, but the time seems to be flying by now. People keep asking me if I am nervous and I kept telling them, "not yet." Today I felt it.
Anthony and I are creating this awesome life together and even though it is mundane at times I have never been happier. Then the excuse was that all of our spare time was booked by weekend events but even that has calmed down since the new year.
I was working at the school with a boy who has Cerebral Palsy.
That took up a lot of energy. It made me realize that some people have the sweetest of intentions but they can still be pathological. It also helped me realize that sometimes you can't change a kid's innate personality; sometimes they're just going to be naughty.
Now, with him I realize there could be some other issues affecting the situation (Hello, brain damage), but I really do think this is true for some kids. I had a professor say once that all kids have one thing in common and its that they're all little shits.
Christmas was interesting. I got what I wanted as well as some extras. Christmas dinner with my girlfriend Katie-chan was AMAZING! I gained 10lbs. There are no pictures of that because I was too enthralled to think straight.
After Christmas Anthony and I went to Tokyo for one last hurrah.
I got to do a lot of things that I didn't the last few times. I got to see a public-ish event with some boyband in Roppongi (in the open but no pictures and if you weren't in the red ropes you were asked to keep it moving). I spent a whole day shopping in Shibuya and Harijuku (highly recommended), and I got to see a 5-storied pagoda.
New Year's Eve was spent partying with friends. Japan has these things called Genki drinks that you take before (and maybe one after) a night of drinking. In the states I used to see commercials for a hangover cure that looked something similar but I don't know if it ever really took off.
Genki drinks, though. They taste fine and I honestly should have been sick for days after what I did to myself, but I was fine the next day. Magic. Again, another wonderful evening spent with amazing people
The day or so after New Year's Day I went to walk Mercy dog in the morning and... well... busted my ass. I stepped on some fresh snow that concealed a thick patch of ice.
My feet flew up in the air and my tail bone caught the brunt of the impact. I lay there in the cold snow for a second before I screamed. Anthony was taking a shower and wasn't going to hear me. Mercy walked up and sniffed my face and seemed not to think anything of it, so I decided to follow some age-old advice and walk it off. No one tells you how much you'll look and feel like an old lady while trying to man-up and walk it off.
After I got home I thought I'd take something for pain, so I tried the little yellow pill of awesome. Sitting was uncomfortable so I walked around the house until the little yellow pill took full effect and I passed out on the couch. Repeat for day 2. Walking through the pain was apparently a good idea cause I started feeling better and better and for a week I was fine doing normal activities.
Finally I decided to go to the clinic because I couldn't do sit-ups and it was still painful when I exercised. The NP told me I needed to stop being so active 80). So I have Motrin and some other pill for pain which she said I could take before working out but a friend told me it makes her pass out. I'll probably try one at home before I try it at the gym.
And the final big thing that is going on is that we are gearing up to leave Japan. I'll write more on that later, but for now know that all of our things have been packed up and shipped out... except for somethings which I will remember needs to be hidden better next time so they'll take it in our express shipment.
We are living out of a suit case and on some very uncomfortable furniture for the next 14 days before we fly to Anthony's next duty station.
No comments:
Post a Comment