Friday, August 23, 2013

Adventures in the Kitchen

So a few days ago I had a burger from the freezer section and I told Anthony I could do way better than the freezer-meat people. We don't eat burgers often, so prepackaged ones are a nice convenience, but why can't I just make them and freeze them for later? I totally can.


I started with herbs: green onions, sage, two basil leaves, all grown in my house. I didn't measure. I'm terrible at measuring unless I'm trying to follow a recipe.

Added two cloves of garlic.

Lean beef (1.5Lbs) and eggs (I only used 2. Let them warm up a bit). Not pictured is the oregano I used. Didn't come from my herb garden and didn't measure that mess either. =D

Oh, that extra stuff at the bottom is oatmeal (1 cup). I swear that somewhere I read or heard about an oatmeal substitution for bread crumbs. It was probably for a meatloaf... I've read so many option and ideas about food that they usually get mixed up in my head and I can't remember where I read what or how the hell I got the ideas I get. I always double check pinterest to see if I've got an idea from a recipe there (and then can just replicate it rather than experiment with my own taste buds), but I didn't find anything for oatmeal burgers. I've also decided that Anthony is going to freak out when I try to make him eat this. AND that if people are going to freak out because of some meat-oat combination maybe pureeing the oats and herbs would be a good idea.

Get your hands dirty.

I made a poquito patty to try. I totally ate it before I took a picture. It was delicious.


 I bought really crappy parchment paper, so I oiled the paper in hopes that the paper won't stick to the meat.

I promise to update when it passes the Anthony taste-test.


2 comments:

  1. You are awesome and I am always in awe of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. =) Thank you, Snow! Your friendship means so much to me, so knowing you love me as much as I love you gives me an awesome feeling.

      Delete