Sunday, July 21, 2013

Detox Day 6-7

Ooooo Saturday was rough. Breakfast went well. I had an early snack of an apple because I was really tired.

Then Anthony surprised me with a trip to Buffalo Wild Wings (B-Dubbs) which is one of my favorite places to eat. Of course I wasn't supposed to have chicken wings, so I didn't. I had a Mediterranean  salad. I totally ate the pita bread that came with it. It was delicious. And then I stole a mozzarella stick from Anthony. I have no regrets!

We had to go to a birthday party. I'm so glad I ate the salad because there were no veggies in the place and only some apple and strawberries for me to snack on. I did well there. Dinner was the rest of the salad. And I was feeling glutenous so I ate a carrot cake protein bar. To be honest, that's not terrible eating. Okay, I didn't stick to the plan, but plans have to be flexible; life happens. Like I said before, I have so much respect for people who can stick to their guns even 90% of the time when it comes to special diets.

Today (Sunday) hasn't been terrible. My sweet tooth is acting up. I'm eating chocolate tomorrow. Really, there's nothing exciting to write home about. plain oatmeal, plain steamed veggies, and as a snack protein bars (water isn't a snack! Even if it does have veggie leftovers in it).

I have decided that people who use liquid drink diets bought from stores would do well to just make green smoothies as a meal replacement. The smoothies are delicious and healthy. Do I think I'll ever do another detox? I have no clue. I do think I'll make some of these smoothies a regular part of my diet. Most likely I will repeat the smoothies that include kale because while it is a super food, I haven't found a particular desire for it yet. The sweet/ fruit smoothies would be good to calm the beast inside me that demands sugar and dessert. All in all I think this was a good week and a good experiment. I definitely feel better now than I did before I started.

No comments:

Post a Comment